Friday, July 27, 2012

One hand to help yourself, and another to help others

Congratulations to everyone who has been waiting for the Olympic Games this year! The Games finally baegin. You know, it's always been my dream, to become a volunteer at the Olympic Games:)

I've been impressed by all their actions, support and activities. Probably that's because I've always wanted to become a volunteer. I'ts what makes people People - good heart and being ready to witness not asking to give back... It presents unique emotions and feelings - to help when you can or even rescue someone.


And these days I've discovered the volunteering opprtunities by UNICEF.




What I love about their projects is that they have really varified suggestions for help. You can volunteer in your city, send money to the account or even buy some products to help those who need it. For instance, I am absolutely impressed by the shop on the German site. So, regardless the lack of time or money you still can be helpful!:)


You can also read the reports about the volunteering activities like here on the German site.


And remember you have two hands: one is to help yourself, another is to help others. (Audrey Hepburn)

11 comments:

  1. Great post. Thanks for mention this.

    Xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is so good you do this, lots of respect for you!

    xoxo Sootjeelina

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think it's really great that you've shared this! And that quote from Audrey Hepburn is really inspiring. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the spirit of the Olympics, I've been excited for weeks. Audrey Hepburn was a beautiful woman and a great philanthropist, I actually wrote a post on her once that you might be interested in.

    http://fashionananthropologicalpointofview.blogspot.ca/

    ReplyDelete
  5. This looks great, great post! X

    http://Heidi-likes.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thx for visiting me. What a nice and inspiring post is this!!

    All<3Lola

    www.fashionrecession.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thankyou and I'm glad I could give you some inspiration, visit again in a few days and a new Inspo post will be up on the blog!

    I really like UNICEF, every month I send a certain amount of money to support their work and to help kids out there. It is so important!

    Best regards,

    Sara (www.sajbe.blogg.se)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great post!
    A better world is possible!!!
    Thanks for your friendly words.

    http://mialbumdemoda.blogspot.com.es/

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for your friendly words. Great post!!! A better world is possible.
    http://mialbumdemoda.blogspot.com.es/

    ReplyDelete
  10. Such an inspiring gesture!!!

    Thank you for your comment at my blog!! Hope to see you there again!!!I follow you from now on!!

    http://lovelittlelulu.blogspot.gr/

    ReplyDelete