Saturday, June 8, 2013

Choosing an evening dress:)



Oh, it hass been an amazing news I was recently told! A friend of mine and her boyfriend have already set up the date of their wedding! So, I am officially invited on a wedding in the beginning of SeptemberJ So, after going to Moscow in the middle of July I’m going home (to Kiev, Ukraine) and after wards we’ll have three magnificent days of celebration :) You can not even imagine how glad I am! First, I am going home for the vacation. And secondly, I have an opportunity to visit the fabulous event when who hearts will unite, that is incredible :)

And what I first thought about was of course the dress! Because I must tell you frankly, I have begun searching for a perfect dress for this occasion back in March or even in January when I got to know I was invited and have already looked through a huge amount of various dresses. And you know what? The more I am searching for the dress the more I am confused about what style and length to pick. And the weather in September can be either rainy and cold or sunny and hot… So, I nearly came in despare :)

And then I decided to look through the homecoming dresses department of my favorite online stores, Persunmall. As you probably know from my previous post about them, this shop offers free regular shipping, and has various shipping options to the customer’s choice! So I decided it could have been a rescuing situation for me because, I really can’t understand what way to force my thoughts. I was quite of surprised to the fact that Persunmall appeared to be the place where I have found a great deal of dresses of any length, glamourous and not so sparkling etc. What is more, I love it when one model of dresses is offered in various colors that is usually a case at Persunmall :) After some ‘research’ I have decided that whatever happens a long dress is always more pretty. What is more, as they say You can never be overdressed or overeducated and I thing this is a case here … And if a bride will have a really beautiful princess style gown, nobody will ever look really overdressed. So, I have basically chosen four dresses of my interest. As you see, these are two bright dresses, a red and a green one. And another two are kind of pastel tones. I decided that after having recently changed my hair color as you already know from one of my posts, I think some burgundy, dark green or dark blue colors will not stress so well my new appearance.

So, the first red dress, A-Line Strapless Soft Chiffon Beading Open Back Prom Dress is really fairy, so amazing with tightening waist and amazingly beautiful lower part. I love this sparkling part, it’s not too sparkling and looks quite smart, you know… And I must also admit, red looks very good on me lol. Still there is one ‘but’ about the dress that it is strapless and this is what I usually do not like about the dresses, it can happen so that I will have to think what to do so that it always looks good, does not slide… I think you understand what I am talking about when it comes to strapless dresses;) And the fact that the dress has open back is also no positive characteristic, as I have already said. The weather can be extremely changeable in September and I am not a fan of blazers, cardigans or jackets on evening dresses haha.

The second option is Gorgeous A-Line One-Shoulder Sleeveless Chiffon Floor-Length Evening/Prom Gown in green color. Needless to say I am in love with this fabulous flower detail on the dress. It makes the dress so special and fashionable! Secondly, the color is just fantastic, I think it will look good on me because I light green usually looks pretty on blondes and secondly I have brown and green eyes that will make the look even more harmonized. What I don’t really like is the small amount of sparkling or sequined elements that would make the dress more fancy that I would love to see on the wedding…

The third option is the 2012 Latest Sweetheart Strapless Split Front Prom Dress in fabulous lemon yellow color. What makes the dress so special in my opinion? For me, it’s color! I love this gentle yellow tone that is absolutely outstanding. And the decorating element is also quite unusual. Until I forget, the cut out detail is also so great! Always makes any dress amazingly sexy in my opinion… But again I am not sure if I would love to have a strapless dress on the same reasons as mentioned about the red dress number one. What is more, it looks a bit dull and boring comparing to the other dress in this selection. I am afraid it will look the same when I come to the party and see numerous girls there.

And finally we come to the last option. This is Pretty A-Line V-Neck Cap Sleeve Tencel Floor Length Evening Dress in nude. What made me choose it is that the dress itself kind of says: Luxurious, Perfect for wedding, Elegant. If I was going to a royal wedding or anything like this I would have chosen it without any doubts. The decorating detail on the v-neck is so eye-catching, still very smart. But you know, if the first thing think of when I look at it is how much I love the decoration on the neck, then the second one is how much I hate these cap sleeves. Probably because I am afraid it can spoil the proportions of the silhouette I somehow don’t fancy it. And secondly, the dress is too formal, it’s supposed to be full of fun, smiles and lovely moments and I would love to wear something more appropriate to a party of two young people in the end of summer, you know.

So as you see, I am still in my search for the perfection. I could never imagine a choice of a dress for a wedding could have been so confusing. Yet it makes much I must admit! Amazing experience that I love so much! I have actually realized how lucky I am after having looked at the choice of wedding dresses of Persunmall. It is just hilarious! First, you can also choose among a variety of colors from traditional white to outstanding red. Secondly, there is also a huge choice of styles. Leave alone the fact that the dress should also match the smoking or a suit of the bridegroom! I mean it is just crazy and in this case I do understand the panic of the main characters of films about weddings, choosing a wedding dress can became a torture ahah …

Well as for me, I think I have some more time to think, to look through these or some more options to find what I need to feel absolutely gorgeous on this great day! Hopefully I meet a dress of my dreams (that I do not really imagine by now lol) …

52 comments:

  1. Hurrah for weddings, I love a good excuse to buy a new dress. The yellow is deffo my favorite!

    Corinne x
    www.skinnedcartree.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous dresses!
    I love the red one!

    XO Zoë

    ReplyDelete
  3. Que vestidos tan bonitos!!!!
    Un beso!

    http://cocoolook.blogspot.com.es/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the green one!

    Nicky
    www.mywishstyle.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. My favourite's the red! But you might upstage the bride in it ;)

    Thanks for stopping by my blog, would you like to follow each other on GFC and Bloglovin'? Let me know :)

    Lipsticked Louise

    ReplyDelete
  6. These dresses are so elegant, love the green one!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow beautiful dresses!!!
    Have a wonderful weekend! g+ and like for you!!!:)))

    Besos, desde España, Marcela♥

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hello my dear!
    Amazing dresses!for me ,the white one is my favorite!
    Have a beautiful sunday!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow, stunning post my dear, really enjoyed it! <333 Congrats to their friends on their wedding! ^^ Superb selection of dresses, I'm sure you'll find your perfect one soon! My favourite has got to be the last one, it's so dreamy and feminine! <33

    Hugs and have a wonderful Sunday! <3

    Liana x
    Dress Code Chic

    ReplyDelete
  10. I like the yellow one...

    Lubica

    http://lttreasure.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gorgeous dresses :)

    Marisa x
    http://stylingdreams.blogspot.pt/

    ReplyDelete
  12. oh, great post, fabulous dresses

    http://losviajesysibaritismosdeauroraboreal.blogspot.com.es/

    ReplyDelete
  13. Green one is the best! Gorgeous!

    ♥ Oksana ♥
    www.makeupbyoksana.blogspot.com [new post]

    ReplyDelete
  14. gorgeous dress! rich deep colors! delicate and feminine! I love it!
    dianadaron.ru

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love the green dress, happy Sunday!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Good Sunday!
    Nicky
    www.mywishstyle.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love!! my favourite is the yellow dress :)

    Miss Cupcake

    ReplyDelete
  18. The green dress is so fun! Always nice to have an excuse for a new dress!
    xx
    http://thescreensiren.com

    ReplyDelete
  19. wow love the nude one!:) I remember that I wore a big pink princess dress for my Prom, but now I'd pick out something more classic!

    www.lorietta.cz

    ReplyDelete
  20. Ciao!! I like the second one! Thanks a lot for your visit,kiss!! Paolo

    ReplyDelete
  21. Thanks for your kind words on my last post!
    Love the white dress, so elegant!

    Have a fantastic day,
    -Kati

    ReplyDelete
  22. Wow they're all beautiful! xx

    www.itslilylocket.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  23. I always take tons of time to choose such dresses...
    the green one and the yellow one are beautiful and really unique!
    xoxo

    novelstyle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  24. The green one is stunning!
    http://thestyle-o-meter.blogspot.ro/

    ReplyDelete
  25. Esos vestidos son toda una inspiración!!!!
    Besos
    Esperanza

    ReplyDelete
  26. Every dress is really fantastic but my favorite is n. 1 (red dress)

    Thank you for your nice comment, kisses

    www.angelswearheels.com

    ReplyDelete
  27. gorgeous!
    xx.M
    www.bellesandrebelles.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  28. OMG i want all dresses <3


    New post - Kisses
    http://www.mademoisellemode.com/

    ReplyDelete
  29. I hope you find your IDEAL Magical dress!!

    ▲_▲ HYENA

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  30. NICE POST.

    KISSES
    http://onmybeautydesk.blogspot.com.es/

    ReplyDelete
  31. The green one is beautiful!

    effiesdress.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  32. great inspirations!!! Maybe we can follow each other? :)

    www.blondeallaround.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  33. I really like the green dress on the top right. Thanks for stopping by my blog--come check out the new post!

    Oh to Be a Muse
    Shop Layered Muse

    ReplyDelete
  34. Very nice :)

    Marisa x
    http://stylingdreams.blogspot.pt/

    ReplyDelete
  35. The yellow is my favourite ;)
    xx
    http://comounaprincesasintonterias.blogspot.com.es/2013/06/instagram-19.html
    http://comounaprincesasintonterias.blogspot.com.es/2013/06/staple.html

    ReplyDelete